Sunday, January 8, 2012

Eco-Friendly Homemade Laundry Soap

This weekend I made some more powdered laundry soap and decided to share here the recipe I use.
I love using this soap because it makes no suds at all and it's gentle enough to wash P's clothes in it. My husband likes that the clothes come out smelling just plain clean. So this is really a winner for us. :)




Ingredients I use:
1 bar of ZOTE soap (I find this at hispanic stores)
1 1/2 cups of Borax
1 1/2 cups of Washing Soda


- Grate the bar of soap into a bowl, add the Borax and Washing Soda then stir until roughly mixed:

 

 - Using a chopper or mixer "pulse" the mixture little by little (1 or 2 cups at a time), until well mixed together:


 - This is what the final mixture should look like:

Pour it all into a container with lid and voila!

:o)

I use one or two tbsp per load on my top loader and this recipe goes a long way.








No comments:

Post a Comment